Monday, October 22, 2012

Fun with Fatwood - Part 1






On a mid-February solo winter hot tent base camp I found a nice source of fatwood (pitchwood) on a black spruce stump. Using a ferro rod firesteel, feathersticks and birch bark, I start two fires in my woodstove. I am just learning how to use fatwood. Lots of fun, and man those shavings ignite very easily with a ferro rod! Thanks for watching, and stay tuned for part 2 with another fatwood find...
Video Rating: 4 / 5









Here we have a wood burning stove which i made up in about 20 minutes, made from 2 sweet tins riveted together and an old paint pot for the chimney and some metal cage for the pot stand. Portable Camping Wood Stove - Made From Scrap Tins.. Stove runs on small sticks and gives off great heat. I plan to build a better more sturdy stove in near future. www.youtube.com
Video Rating: 5 / 5


No comments:

Post a Comment