Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Kumsheen Rafting Resort Accommodations and Camping






Overnight accommodations at Kumsheen Rafting Resort include camping, RV sites, luxury Canvas Cabins and furnished Teepees. kumsheen.com









envirosponsible.com This is me camping in a parateepee in the ravine behind my house. I've seen it illustrated in several survival manuals and this is my second time sleeping in one. It's a basic procedure; make a tripod with poles, add to the tripod until the form is shaped, then take the parachute and fold it into a half circle. Taking one end of the half circle, wrap it around the cone shape until the entire cone is covered. Since the parachute is folded, there are two walls of nylon which helps to block wind and rain. It may take some time to work the material evenly around the poles, but I did it by myself and it was easy enough. The weather was favourable and the low was around 10 C. I used a bale of hay to spread out as natural insulation under me since I didn't have a therma rest with me in my bug out bag. I was toasty all night on the hay, inside my Recon 4 sleeping bag. The walls of the tipi became moist with dew and probably the condensation from my breath, but with a fire and the morning sunshine it dried out quickly. I've since cut the parachute to make Ranger sleeping bags, so now when I make a tipi with it there'll only be one wall of nylon.
Video Rating: 4 / 5


No comments:

Post a Comment