Friday, December 14, 2012

Winter camping in my miniature Sioux tipi






envirosponsible.com This is a short video showcasing my mini Sioux Tipi. It's an exact replica of a full size tipi with fully functional smoke flaps and 20 oz fire retardant duck canvas. You can check it out at www.tipi.com While I really like the tipi, I'll probably sell this one and buy something larger. UPDATE: Well, I ended up sleeping in the tipi that night. What a comedy it was. The temperature dropped to -15 C and to keep warm I was feeding wood into that little stove. Since I didn't use a draft tube, which I learned about later, the smoke became unbearable. The hole in the top allowed cold air and snow to blow in, and by 2:30 in the morning I stumbled into my house. I'll have to do some research before I try that again. LATEST UPDATE: I've sold this tipi to someone who plans to live in it for a year. I'm excited to hear how she does. Perhaps she'll make some videos.
Video Rating: 4 / 5









Tarp Teepee - Illuminati Style, feel the power of the pyramid ! Tarp measures 15' x 10'


No comments:

Post a Comment